Studying till late or pulling all-nighters before exams is a common habit among students today. But very few consider it acceptable. A continuous and moderate study can be more advantageous in the long run for many reasons. To excel in your academics and stand out from the rest of the class, you need to imbibe two values very deeply: discipline and consistency. The right thing done at the right time can have a massive impact, but we should keep in mind that it is never too late to make a change. I can’t imagine a better time to start studying effectively than now when we are safely out of the pandemic and on our way to start fresh.
Some benefits of efficient studies are as follows:
- Effective learning skills help you even outside of school
- Raises your self-confidence, self-esteem, and competence.
- Train your brain to grasp more and sharpen your memory
- Improve your ability to retain knowledge
Secrets to efficient study are-
- Stay Organised- Staying organised with your stationery, subjects, the timetable is a sign that you take your studies seriously. It helps you avoid unnecessary chaos and distractions at the last minute.
- Plan- Planning everything you are going to study, including the subjects, hours you are supposed to dedicate. Beforehand gives you an edge over others and helps in refraining from procrastination.
- Making notes in your own words can help you retain information for a long period. As if you were explaining to yourself, elaborate as much as you wish so that when you open it. Before the exam, you can recall everything you need. Have a doubt buddy along with you while studying.
- Avoid Distractions- It is imperative that once you sit down to study. Your focus to the best of your potential. Sitting for long hours without learning anything new is exhausting and useless. Make sure that as long as you are at the study table, your sole purpose is to absorb as much knowledge as you can.
- Stay Enthusiastic-Think out of the box, and relating the theories to real-life concepts will bear the result of learning in the first place.
- See the bigger picture- Learn with the mindset that you can explore more about the world, and you will be able to implement the knowledge in the right place.
- Prioritise- Setting your priorities straight before your study session will save a lot of time for you. In this way, you will never feel anxious about your exams anymore. Keep a separate time for doubts through doubt solving app for all subjects.
- Time Yourself- To stay focused, setting alerts is imperative as it is easy to get distracted by technologies and lose track of time. If you do not have any deadline set for yourself.
- Study in a group- Studying in groups and participating in communities sharpens your critical thinking abilities, communication skills and also motivates you to work harder in the long run. While studying in a group, you can have the CBSE doubts solving app with you.
- Revise- Revision is required for the knowledge in your short-term memory to transfer to long-term memory.
- Get adequate sleep- Do not compromise on your sleep as it will take a toll on your abilities and overall mental health.
Thus, you can comfortably hone effective study skills if you set your mind to it.